Friday, May 24, 2013

Liebster Award

I've been nominated for a Leibster Award by The Precious Princess's Guide to Bananaland

The Liebster Award is given to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers. So, what is a Liebster?  The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome. Isn't that sweet? Blogging is about building a community and it's a great way to connect with other bloggers and help spread the word about newer bloggers/blogs.

This is a quick synopses of how it works:  

I think I will do this a little out of order, because that's how I roll. First, I will answer the questions asked of me. (Keep in mind, I did not write these questions...)
1)  If you could haunt someone, who would it be and why? 
My husband. It's fun to drive him nuts. I would probably randomly poke him while he was trying to do something, similar to what I do already. ;)
2)  Where is your dream vacation spot? 
Somewhere quiet where I'm able to hike and play in the dirt. Also, somewhere not too warm and not too cold, like 75 and partly cloudy. 
3)  Do you like birds? If yes, explain. If no, move to the next question. 
Yes, I like birds. I wouldn't want one as a housepet however. I like quiet and cleanliness too much. I like birdwatching in nature, where they belong. 
4)  If you could go back in time, what era would you visit? 
The 50s in America. Most definitely! I've always been enfatuated by that time. It was a simpler life, yet the beginning stage for so much. 
5)  Do you want to go where everyone knows your name?
Do I want to go to the bar on Cheers? Yes. Do I want to go where everyone knows my name? No. I value my privacy. 
6)  What is your favorite insect?
This is a hard one. There are so many cool ones. I think I have to go with praying mantis. 
7)  If you were a pig, would you be a big, fat, lazy kind or the kind that runs around snorting and     rooting in the mud? 
I would probably run around, snorting and rooting in the mud, much like I already do. ;)
8)  What are your feelings about Marilyn Monroe? 
She became famous off of being a floozy. I neither like nor dislike her really. I do not however like when people dress their little girls in shirts with her picture on them. I've seen this a lot lately and just shake my head wondering what they are thinking. 
9)  Liquor or beer/wine?
Depends on the occasion. 
10)What are the ingredients for a classic vodka martini?
Vodka and something else? I really don't know what's in most mixed drinks. I just know which ones taste good. ;)
11)Do you consider yourself attractive? 
I suppose so. 

Okay, now on to the 11 random facts about myself. Hmmmm.....
1)  I was born at home. 
2)  I'm from a small town in Maine. 
3)  I met my husband in high school in New Jersey. 
4)  I have 2 crazy girls. 
5)  Every day I strive to be a better person than I was the day before. 
6)  I have a hard time making it through movies, as I have I can't sit still long enough to watch one. 
7)  I would much rather live on a commune. 
8)  I love the smell of sawdust. 
9)  I always believe I can do anything, even if I've never attempted it before. 
10)I have a bad back that limits me sometimes and this makes me angry. 
11)I will be cutting off all of my hair soon and donating it to charity. 

And here are my nominations.....
1) Cut The Plastic  
2) Florida Family Nature 
3) RubbishLove 
4) Artful Salvage 
5) Melissa's Jewelry and Gems 
6) Bead Lover's Korner 
7) The Royal Bohemian 
8) The Wooden Bee 
9) Backyard FL Gardening 
10) The Prismatic Peacock 
11) Love 2 Upcycle 

Here are your questions, fellow bloggers....
1) What do you enjoy doing in your spare time? 
2) Living or dead, who would you love to have a 1 hour conversation with? 
3) Where were you born? 
4) What is your guilty pleasure? 
5) Would you rather be poor and happy or rich and lonely? 
6) Do you recycle? 
7) Do you play chess? 
8) If only able to keep ONE book for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
9) Coffee or tea? 
10) What is your favorite movie? 
11) What is your earliest childhood memory? 






No comments:

Post a Comment